Get high-result mold inspection services
Here at The Inspectors Company, we offer superior mold inspection services that always deliver. A baseline mold inspection is essential for maintaining a healthy, clean home with high indoor air quality, and it comes easy with us. Our mold inspection services bring invaluable benefits to homeowners.
Is a mold inspection necessary?
Here are some of the most important reasons why you should consider scheduling our meticulous San Diego home and mold inspection service:
- For homebuyers in San Diego who are concerned about mold when purchasing a new home. Mold testing offers peace of mind in such a big decision.
- For verified mold assessment and verification of the need for remediation. Many insurance companies will not authorize mold remediation without demonstrated scientific testing.
- To create the parameters for mold remediation. A testing company is usually consulted to help define the boundaries of an affected area for the remediators. This includes mold and general spa and pool inspection in San Diego.
- To identify the types of mold that are present in a home environment. Often residents are curious if a mold presence could relate to medical symptoms they may be experiencing.
- To find “hidden mold” or mold growth that may not be visible within the home’s immediate visual structure, but may be a cause for concern as a result of water leakage or the development of a moldy odor.
- In support of a legal case where objective scientific evidence is needed to support legal action.
Who to call for mold inspection in San Diego, CA?
Mold inspection and testing is a complex process that requires professional knowledge and experience. What’s more, exposure to mold is extremely dangerous, which is why you should leave the inspection to the pros.
We at The Inspectors Company can handle any kind of home mold inspection and meet your particular needs. Our highly experienced team is ready to identify all possible areas in your home afflicted with mold and advise you on the best solution. Mold exposure is a dangerous health hazard, so don’t hesitate to reach out as soon as you notice some in your home. We’re always here to assist!
What to expect from a mold inspection?
Our professional mold inspectors use a multistep process to determine whether there is any kind of mold hiding in your home. Our process typically includes:
- A preliminary visual inspection. This is performed in each room to look for signs of microbial activity, water damage, moisture intrusion, dank odor, etc. Suspicious areas may require readings from a moisture meter or a thermal imaging camera to further detect moisture within wall cavities.
- The visual inspection. This step helps identify which rooms require an air sample reading alongside an outdoor control sample to determine if elevated conditions exist. Further sampling and mold assessment may be recommended in order to determine the source of the problem and its spread.
- The resulting report. A detailed report of your home inspection will come directly from the lab and include the types of molds found in your home, how your levels compare to “normal” levels, the glossary of mold, and a list of probable symptoms resulting from exposure. This is a legal and verifiable document.
- The post-inspection process. Our certified mold professionals will guide you through this step. They will go over the report with you and offer advice on how to best move forward in the mold remediation process. The mold removal process should be handled expertly as it can be more dangerous than the mold’s initial presence.
To begin the mold inspection process, clients must first disclose their reasons or concerns for warranting the services of our certified mold inspectors. Our team will come at your convenience to conduct an exhaustive inspection of your property using a high-tech mold testing kit. Rest assured we never cut corners when checking for mold, but offer nothing but excellence to our clients!
How long does a mold inspection take?
In general, a mold inspection may last around an hour. However, exactly how long the inspection of your home will last will depend on a number of factors:
- Whether the mold is visible or hidden
- The size of your home
- The afflicted area
As one of the most reputable mold inspection companies across the San Diego area, we deliver prompt, time-efficient services. Our team consists of the leading specialists in the field who boast excellent records, so they know exactly what and where to look. With us, you can count on stellar mold inspection and testing that won’t disrupt your daily life. Let’s bring back freshness to your home!
How do you prepare for a mold inspection?
After scheduling the services of experienced mold inspectors, you should take a few steps to prepare for your appointment:
- Isolate the afflicted area by covering it with a plastic or sealing the room off by covering the door.
- Don’t clean it yourself because you don’t have the necessary equipment and experience.
- Make sure the pros can access the area with mold by clearing out any clutter or unnecessary items.
Book our mold inspection services in San Diego and let us handle the rest. We guarantee to be thorough and efficient, delivering our service to the highest industry standards. Our team members are InterNACHI-certified, so there’s no doubt they’ll do an above-par job. Reach out to us if you want to learn more about proper preparation before we come to your home for a professional inspection.
How much does a mold inspection cost?
The cost of mold inspection may vary from one company to another. However, it’s important to inform yourself about a provider’s pricing before hiring them. Keep in mind that low prices may often include hidden costs. It’s always best to go with a company that offers a transparent pricing model.
With us, you can count on absolute honesty and transparency. Our competitive fees are disclosed on our website and fully adjusted to specific types and sizes of properties. We aim at delivering superb services at cost-effective rates that guarantee value for money. Let us prove it!
Who’s the best mold inspection company in San Diego?
You already know the answer – The Inspectors Company. As the leading experts across the area, we’re your #1 choice for a professional, expertise-based mold inspection. We have both the skills and equipment needed to uncover the hidden mold in your home and give you expert advice on possible solutions. We pride ourselves on our dedication, expertise, and professionalism.
We render an array of top-rated services
What’s more, we deliver other types of services, such as highly efficient verbal home inspection and second-to-none commercial inspection checks across San Diego. We employ the best practices and advanced equipment, which allows us to provide our clients with exceptional results.
Whether you’re located near Balboa Park or somewhere else in the city, we’re just a phone call away. Let’s make sure your home is healthy, fresh, clean, and mold-free – schedule with us today!
How can I prevent mold in my house??
By taking precautions and implementing best practices, you can prevent mold from growing and spreading in your home. However, if you discover any afflicted area, you may need to schedule professional mold removal and remediation services. Either way, here’s what you should keep in mind:
- Address moisture issues. Familiarize yourself with the possibilities for direct water intrusion due to structural leakage, plumbing problems, or foundational issues. An excess of humidity can also lead to increased condensation and mold growth and development.
- Keep your home clean. A well-kept indoor environment is instrumental in preventing mold growth. Wiping surfaces with household cleaners such as bleach, borax, or vinegar can be helpful in treating and killing mold and its spores. Remember to avoid mixing solutions before reading the safety instructions to avoid intoxication.
- Ensure adequate airflow and ventilation. People often forget that an air conditioning unit also doubles as a building’s dehumidifier. Well circulated airflow and ventilation help prevent mold infestation risks by allowing water and condensation to escape. Remember to regularly check and clean your kitchen vent hood and HVAC filters.
- Mind the dark. Mold loves to grow in dark damp areas, so avoid piles of wet laundry and open your blinds and shades regularly. Ultraviolet light kills mold.
However, keep in mind that mold remediation requires the intervention of licensed, trained professionals. So, we recommend you do not try to address the problem yourself, for your health and safety. Let us advise you on how to approach and resolve this problem!
San Diego’s #1 experts in home and mold inspection service
Here at The Inspectors Company, our team specializes in a range of home-related services, including expert mold inspection and prevention. We will check every nook and cranny of your home and suggest effective prevention and removal solutions.
Furthermore, we have the equipment and experience needed to detect even hidden mold in your home. Our qualified and seasoned specialists can also advise you on the best home maintenance practices that will help you prevent more serious damage or future problems. Bid mold goodbye because we’re on your side!
Your trusted service provider
We Are Certified San Diego Home Inspectors
All of our inspectors are certified members of the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors InterNACHI which is an international association of professional property inspectors.